TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Well.. in all honesty...
People Seeking Info

Subject Well.. in all honesty...

Posted by xxbulovax91xx on February 13, 2004 at 8:53 PM
  This message has been viewed 256 times.

In Reply To just wondering, what's wrong w/ your tranny? (n/m) posted by AztecTT on February 13, 2004 at 08:46 PM

Message there's nothing wrong with it. When the car is cold its a bitch to get it into first and second gear without a nice clunking or grinding sound and if I shift fast I can tell my 2nd and 4th gear synchros are slowly but surely getting to be on their way out. But to answer your question there is currently nothing "wrong" with it, and I have actually been thinking about skipping the transmission for now and waiting until mine goes out. The only thing is that I would just like to have a strong foundation before I continue to modify my car. Right now I'm getting ready to get an ECU but I am replacing the clutch/flywheel/rear main seal and doing downpipes while I'm in there. The 97 spec trans. is just an added safety measure to make sure I don't kill my tranny in a month. Any thoughts? I'm totally open to suggestions right now, whether it be for or against getting a new tranny. I guess you could say I'm in a position to be easily swayed one way or the other.

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo Stage 2+
1990 Mazda B2200 SE-5 Pick Up

a real turbo. nice, but lag will still own you. (n/m) - Halo Z 15:27:33 10/21/03
its just foreplay (n/m) - joel(PA) 15:33:48 10/21/03

"...doesnt say TwinTurbo.NET - Forums and more for the
1990+ Nissan 300ZX enthusiast and other shit."
- genic 15:07:34 04/29/03

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.